Recently I had the opportunity to experience Oprah in a live talk.
Hearing her share her advice and life lessons in person had a profound impact on me.
I’m sharing with you here some of her musings, especially those that seemed to really resonate the most with the tens of thousands of women who got to hear her live.
Learn more about this article in this short video:
And, here’s the rest of the article in written form:
Here you are, direct from Oprah live:
- The reason you are here is because you’ve been called. Your real job is to hear what that is and honour it.
- You were born to share your calling in life in service of others. That is how your life gets validated.
- Your life purpose is the defining thread that runs through and connects the experiences of your life.
- If you don’t feel alive and vibrant every day, then switch your narrative to service as the ultimate paradigm – use what you do as an offering of service and your energy will change and shift.
- Every day we get to paint the canvas of our lives. We create our own reality. Success is about making more right choices than not and a piece of you dies when you lie to yourself or live in denial.
- Look to yourself first, always. Sit down with yourself and understand there is a lesson in everything.
- Your life is speaking to you all the time. Be still and know. The key is to have the courage to get calm and still enough to hear it.
- Your greatest power – and your only control – is in your own energy field. You waste energy wanting a situation to be different than it is – that’s what causes stress. Instead, accept it, embrace it and love it.
- The real work of your life is to do your work. Everything else is just passing time. It’s a privilege to be who you are – your real job is to figure out how to manifest who you are.
- Gratitude is the single force to change your energy. Consciously bring into your mind every day the things for which you are grateful.
It’s Your Turn.
Which of Oprah’s musings resonates with you the most and why? Make a comment below and be specific about why you chose what you did.
P.S. Speaking of feeling alive and vibrant every day, I’d love to teach you how to plan 2013 in your business, based on YOUR vision, passion and strengths. The Annual Planning SystemTM is a do-it-yourself, on-demand workshop if you want an easy and fast way to plan your amazing year. Get immediate access here: http://nadinenicholson.com/plan-year.